.
{Did you know it's now super easy to pin images from ReMarkable Home?! Just hover over any image on the site and you will see the Pinterest icon show up in the top right hand corner. Just click and PIN ....even if you are on the homepage. The correct link will be pinned}

5.02.2011

GUACAMOLE {Recipe}

HOLA!  Thursday is Cinco de Mayo!  I am not Mexican, but I adore Mexican food!  And Cinco de Mayo is a great excuse for eating it!  So, I thought I would show you how to make my family’s guacamole.  If you are the type of person that has to have every recipe written out with accurate measurements, you aren’t going to like this one!  This is an “add it then try it then tweak it” type of recipe.  It is my favorite guacamole!  I hope you like it!

First, get some ripe avocados and cut them in half.  Ripe avocados yield to gentle pressure.

IMG_5032

Next, remove the pits by taking a big knife and smacking it into the pit like you are trying to cut it in half.  Then twist your knife a bit and pull the seed out.  Get it off your knife by pushing on it so that your thumb is on one side of the knife and your first finger is on the other and the dull side of the knife would come up to the skin between those two fingers.

Now, use a spoon to scoop out the avocados into a bowl.

IMG_5038

This is about 7 avocados.  To this, I added the hand-squeezed juice of one lemon.

IMG_5040

Then, take a white or yellow onion and slice it in half through the root.

IMG_5041

Now, use a spoon (preferably one that has gone down the garbage disposal or a grapefruit spoon) to scrape out the pulp of the onion. 

IMG_5045

For this amount of avocado I scraped the whole onion out.  Here is the pulp.

IMG_5049

Now you will need some garlic salt and onion powder.

IMG_5052

Sprinkle both of these over the top lightly.  You can always add more later.

IMG_5053

Now, use a potato masher to smash it all up to your desired consistency.  We like ours smooth.

IMG_5054

Stir it up well.

IMG_5058

If you are a tomato lover you can add some diced tomato.

IMG_5060

Now, give it a taste and make sure you can taste the lemon and onion and salt.  Be careful not to get too much salt in it because it gets saltier as it sits and the chips are salty anyway.  I love guacamole with Wheat Thins so that is what I use to taste it. 

Serve with chips, on tacos, nachos, burgers, sandwiches…whatever you like!

Enjoy!

Buenos Dias!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love guacamole and can't wait to try this recipe out--thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments so much! I love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions. Thank you for taking the time to comment! Some Firefox users have had trouble commenting. PLEASE email me at remarkablehome@gmail.com if you have any problem commenting. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips