.
{Did you know it's now super easy to pin images from ReMarkable Home?! Just hover over any image on the site and you will see the Pinterest icon show up in the top right hand corner. Just click and PIN ....even if you are on the homepage. The correct link will be pinned}

10.09.2011

HALLOWEEN DINNER {Party}

A few years ago I started a tradition of making a Halloween dinner for my family.  I guess it got started because I came across some placemats and napkins that I thought were so cute I couldn’t pass up.  Then, of course, I had to use them. 

Since I have five sons, I have always tried to mix some trick in with the treat.  I like to make food that looks like something….themed food, I guess you would say. 

Today I am going to post pictures from the dinners that I have pictures of and then I will post some of the recipes in future posts.  I hope it gives you some ideas and inspires you to make a spooky Halloween meal for your own family this year!

P.S. We don’t necessarily do this on Halloween.  Actually, we don’t ever do this on Halloween.  Usually a couple days before Halloween.

Here you can see my placemats and the napkins are being used as placemats too.  We invited guests last year and I only have 8 placemats.  I love those goblets I have and I always put a fake bug in them for a little surprise!  This time I scattered candy corns around the table like confetti.

IMG_3998

Here we have our spider web for our spider cheese ball to sit on:

IMG_3980

A nice pan of ghost in the graveyard:

IMG_3982

Some delicious troll eyeballs.  My 8 year old made the signs for all the food!

IMG_3985

And here is our friendly cheese ball spider with veggies and crackers for dipping:

IMG_3990

IMG_3991

Caramel apples:

IMG_3972

Chocolate covered cockroaches…..mmmmm, my favorite!:

IMG_3992IMG_3993

Snake bread (pictured before baking because I forgot to take one after!):

IMG_3994

IMG_3996

The buffet table with bubbling witches brew:

IMG_4001

Bugs and cheese under dirt (mac and cheese):

IMG_4002

The table set on a year we didn’t have guests.  I just added some of my Halloween décor to the center:

IMG_0698

Well, those are all the digital pictures I have.  The possibilities for food are endless.  You can find recipes and ideas all over the web.  One I like to do is make meatloaf but shape it like the cut off foot of a monster, using nuts for toenails and putting ketchup on the stump to look like blood!  I would love to hear about other things you have made as I am always looking for new ideas!

4 comments:

  1. amazing ideas! Are we all invited this year?! lol :)

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative - I love everything!! Even though I know they're fake, the chocolate cockroaches still freaked me out a little. HAHA. I'll definitely be implementing some of these ideas at my own Halloween party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing! I love this party. I hope you'll link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments so much! I love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions. Thank you for taking the time to comment! Some Firefox users have had trouble commenting. PLEASE email me at remarkablehome@gmail.com if you have any problem commenting. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips