.
{Did you know it's now super easy to pin images from ReMarkable Home?! Just hover over any image on the site and you will see the Pinterest icon show up in the top right hand corner. Just click and PIN ....even if you are on the homepage. The correct link will be pinned}

2.22.2012

Pumpkin Pie

My family is always searching for the best pumpkin pie recipe.  It seems like every year someone tries out something different, in search of the perfect pumpkin pie.  For me, I hate cloves in my pumpkin pie, I like it cold, and I want whipped cream on top.

I wish I could figure out how to get that really creamy, chewy texture.  I think maybe adding extra eggs is the way to get that, but I’m not sure. 

Well, this year I tried out two new recipes.  I usually just make the recipe on the Libby’s pumpkin can, the one that calls for evaporated milk.  This year I came across a recipe in a little Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk recipe booklet.  I changed up the spices to suit my taste.

I don’t have a picture of this pie, but it was GOOD!  I will definitely be making these now, rather than evaporated milk pies. 

Here’s the recipe for that one:

Recipe: Eagle Brand Pumpkin Pie

Yield: 1 pie

Ingredients:

  • 1 unbaked pie crust
  • 15oz. can pumpkin (2 cups)
  • 14oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425. Whisk pumpkin, Eagle Brand, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.

2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue baking 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean or nearly clean. Allow to cool. Serve with freshly whipped cream.

The other recipe I found was from Taste of Home Magazine.  It was for a pumpkin pie made with eggnog!  If you love eggnog you will love this pie.  I liked it quite well, but what I loved most was the crumb topping.  I will be adding that to the Eagle Brand Pie from now on.  SOOOO GOOD!

eggnog pumpkin pie

Recipe: Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

Yield: 1 pie

Ingredients:

· 1 unbaked pie crust

FILLING:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

TOPPING:

  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions

  • Place crust into a 9” pie plate.
  • In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves until blended. Pour into crust.
  • In a small bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over filling.
  • Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges of crust with foil half-way through to prevent over browning. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream.

Question of the day: Does anyone know an easy way to post a printable version of the recipes I share?

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now all I want is pumpkin pie! :) I will give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, now all I want is pumpkin pie! :) I will give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments so much! I love to hear your thoughts or answer your questions. Thank you for taking the time to comment! Some Firefox users have had trouble commenting. PLEASE email me at remarkablehome@gmail.com if you have any problem commenting. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips